If you’re not sure why your dancer should try Irish, here are what some parents say!
Those outside Irish Dancing often ask “Why do you want your kids to do Irish dance?”
Parents are quick to reply “it’s not just the dancing I pay for”…..
– I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go to their practice but go anyway.
– I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined.
– I love that my kid shows everyone what she learned once she learns a new dance. She wasn’t able to do that in ballet, jazz and tap.
– I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body and want to be healthy.
– I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates.
– I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they perform in front of others and realize they didn’t practice enough.
– I want my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
– I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships.
– I pay so that my kids are not sat in front of a screen…
…I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for Irish Dancing, I pay for the opportunities that have come from purchasing those first pair of shoes, and how this now provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!